Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Random update.

Long time, no update! For me anyway.

I gave Rian a little sock bun the other day, looove.


I thought this was cute, you can see hers poking out from under mine. :)


We had a great Christmas! Santa brought Aiden a scooter and Rian a Pinkalicious doll. They also got a few things from Mom and Dad. Growing up, my parents always left the big thing unwrapped and it was from Santa, that's how we do it too. Every year on facebook I see people saying stuff about Santa getting all the credit... I don't get it. Who cares? I don't understand why some people feel the need to be recognized for everything they do. Oh well. The kids were spoiled by both sets of Grandparents, of course. And some more by lots of people that love them. Its hard to remind them that Christmas is about more than getting gifts when they received so many! I'll just keep drilling it into their little brains.


Chistmas Eve night.

Rian's been obsessing over my one fingernail because it looks like a candy cane. She didn't like them at first but now she keeps trying to steal them off of the tree!

I always feel a little blue when Christmas is over. Its just such a fun time of year, it should last longer. I keep everything decorated and the tree up til January 1st, I can't believe some people take stuff down the day after Christmas. When the kids grow up and leave home, I'll probably be the crazy lady that keeps her tree up along time. :)

I have taken a couple of decorations down in the kitchen though. We finally got the shelves up that I've been wanting. I also rehung my pots and pans from hooks over the island. That's how we had them when we first moved in but one of them fell twice and got dented so I just took them down. Steven got longer hooks for them. I have another project I want to do, paint and hang a pegboard on our bedroom wall for my jewlery, but I need Steven's help because they only sell huuuuge pieces of it. I wonder if I'll ever run out of things to do... then I don't know what I'll do. Hopefully that doesn't happen before the kids go to school and I go to work.

I've been neglecting my flowers and humming bird feeder so much since its gotten cold, I hate going out there in the mornings! But this morning I filled the feeder and watered the flowers, hopefully they're not too far gone. I'm going to try harder to get my butt out there in the mornings.

I had no plans today for my free time except to get a few things at Walmart that I forgot to get during yesterday's grocery trip, then drop off the recyclables. I decided to go to Goodwill too since it was nearby, I found a Patron bottle for $1.49! I've been wanting one, I love the way they look. I also saw this cool looking peice of furniture that I thought would make a good tv stand [we've been talking about catching up with the times and getting a new tv], Steven and his Dad went to pick it up after he got off of work and apparently its not as cool as I thought it was... NOT. I still think it would've been perfect, at least til we found something better. It was only $18! Boo.

The kids were WILD from the time they got dropped off til they were put to bed. I'm glad its finally quiet. I'm so ready for it to be Tuesday already, "Parenthood" is finally returning. Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Love both of your sock buns and looove your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this sock bun! i am a tad bit disappointed though- i clicked on the post that shows a picture of your kitchen & it's like disappeared- wtf?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rian's little bun. She's so, so cute.

    I put Ryan in those jammies on Christmas Eve because I knew you would put Aiden in his :)

    ReplyDelete