Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August

What in the world? How are we already at the tail end of 2012?! And moreso, how do I almost have a four-year-old?!

These are Aiden's last few days being three- weird. Like really weird. I can't believe he's almost 4. That's so big! Only one more year til he's in school full-time. Hard to imagine! I enrolled him in a preschool at one of the school districts [because its free!] and he was put on the waiting list, so I'm not counting on anything. Around January-March, we want to put him in part time preschool but geeeeez its so expensive! One of them as a two-day program, we'll probably do that. I just want him to get used to something before he's thrown into all-day schooling.

He's such a little man. My mom often refers to him as a little old man. He's so sensitive and moody. He gets embarrassed really easily. He rarely dances in front of us anymore, when he does, he tells us not to look. But he's still as wild and silly as ever. When him and Rian are playing nicely, sharing, behaving, etc- he's always sure to let me know. He's really into puzzles right now, he over uses the word "probably" and he wants to be outside all day, every day on his bike. Except its a million degrees outside so he has limited time in the mornings and evenings- even then its hot! [Only a couple more months and we can play outside yay!]

He decided he didn't want to sit in his booster chair anymore. And he's big enough. Growing up so fast.

Just like last year, I started out thinking I wanted him to have a big birthday party. But its only going to be family- like always. Its just so much easier that way. I'm really excited! So is he. We have a birthday countdown on his wall:


While the kids are with Steven's dad today, I'm going to get the last of what I need, then go crafting crazy the next few days! He's going to love it.

We went to Vegas for Steven's 30th birthday- OLD! In two more years, we'll have known each other for half of our lives. Crazy. It was fun but kind of hard because he had friends from all over come: Colorado, San Diego and Phoenix. There were 10 of us total. For the most part, everybody  hung out together but a couple of them were in their rooms a lot and wanting to do different things so it was a little awkward. And we haven't heard from them since. Oh well.


It was a lot of fun! But I'm over Vegas for the next 5 or so years. The drive is way too long and its hot there. I would've rather been in San Diego! Super glad we went though. When we got home, my ab muscles hurt from all the laughing we did!

My parents just went to see Adrian- soo jealous. Technology is so awesome, we got to FaceTime with him!

He showed them all of his favorite toys and Aiden showed him his Lightning McQueen shoes. They're so cute. It makes me sad all thier little cousins live far away. :( 

Last week, Rian was being naughty climbing on Aiden's dresser, she started crying and Aiden started yelling that there was blood. Ugh. She busted her mouth, she had a little rug burn looking thing on the outside bottom and inside the bottom to the side, it looked like she bit when she hit down. The blood was coming from her top lip, the little piece that connects her lip to her mouth was torn. :( When I lifted it, there was a HOLE. Omg I almost barfed. I called my Mom and she said we should probably take her in, Steven kept saying there's no way they can stitch that area. So I got online and found out its a very common accident with toddlers and it starts healing withing 24 hours on its own.

It might be hard to see for somebody who doesn't look at her everyday, but she was SO swollen. The first night was soo rough for her. In lots of pain. But now she's back to normal!

Rebecca and I were talking last night [texting] and I was saying how a year ago, I was on my blog ALL the time! I updated it every single day, multiple times a day. About nothing and everything. I want to get better at updating, its what I'll go to when the kids are bigger and I want to remember every little thing.

Its been three months since we ripped up the kitchen tile and we've done nothing since. It drove me crazy at first, then I was okay because I know its going to take a lot of work to get this concrete figured out but its back to driving me crazy again. I'm SO ready for it to be done. I'm tired of it. Its so ugly in here. I'm just feeling a little stir-crazy. Especially being stuck inside all day. I love rearranging furniture but our living room is so small, there's no other way it can be. Its been that way for 4 years. Ugh. Only 20 more to go... geez. It'll help when Steven builds the new tv console- eventually.

I'm going to be an Auntie [Titi] again! Geoff and Jeanette are expecting a miracle baby. Amazing, amazing, AMAZING. There are no words to explain how happy I am for them. Sadly, its being overshadowed by him having a huge surgery and them finding out if he has to go through chemo again or not. Praying with all my might he doesn't. They deserve to be done with this, they've fought so hard.

L.O.V.E. L.I.F.E.

2 comments:

  1. Love you guys sooo much. I cannot believe Aiden is growing up sooo fast. I still vividly remember when you told us you were pregnant!!! & omg, how crazy is this puzzle thing!?!?!?! You weren't kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiden is getting so big and so smart!

    I want you to write in here again everyday like you used to. It makes me miss you a little less when I know what you're doing everyday.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete