Thursday, November 1, 2012

Preschool

I'm not sure [but I probably did] if I mentioned back in August, that I registered Aiden for preschool at one of the school districts and he was put on the waiting list. I didn't know how big the waiting list was and the school is free. FREE. I assumed no parent would want to lose their spot, so I had no expectations of him actually getting in.

Well yesterday I got a call, he was next on the list. Omg! They asked if he could start today... okay. I wish I had a few days to prepare myself. Aiden, no preparation needed. But I needed to wrap my mind around it!

I cried twice yesterday but we were so busy I didn't have a whole lot of time to think about it. [Halloween post soon.] This morning we went out to get him a new backpack and he asked every other minute if it was time to go to school. His class is 12:30-3:30. I fought the tears all morning. About twenty minutes before we left, I posted a picture on facebook and it hit me. That's when I really wished Steven was doing this with me. Taking our baby to his first day of school. This is huge!


We got there and I met two of the aids. The teacher wasn't there today. I got to see the classroom, they showed Aiden his cubby, they showed me all of the centers and told me the schedule. But I feel like I have no idea what they really do, ya know? We were just thrown into this thing with a day to prepare. Our friends' son goes to the morning class- they went to open house before school started in August and had a home visit. And time to get used to it! I feel so overwhelmed.



Aiden had no problem with me leaving, none. It almost seemed like he couldn't wait for me to leave!  I had to get out of there before I lost it. I carried Rian to the car and used her hair to hide my ugly cry face.  :(

Oh yeah, we also signed him up for soccer...

He starts in Janary. He's excited. :)

This whole growing up thing is so hard to deal with. As we were driving home from Steven's parents' last night, I thought about how a little over four years we were on that very same street, taking our brand new baby home. How did we get here already?


1 comment: