Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 21

Remember back in September when Steven told me he didn't think it'd be a good idea to have another baby? Well a month later when our insurance policy for the upcoming year came in and I saw our rates went up, I told him we might as well just have another one because every year it'll end up costing more and more. He said okay. Omg! So that month we tried, you could say, more like weren't careful, basically the same thing!

Come November, something happened that had never happened before (I'll spare you the details) and I KNEW I was ovulating. But I chickened out. It happened again in December and I told Steven to "Just live a little!" that night. (Now that I look back, I almost feel like it was a sign for us that the time was right, I've never been able to clearly tell when I ovulated.)

December 26th, the day my period was due, I woke up with a feeling that I needed to test. The night before, my wine tasted so gross to me! I love my wine, Steven said it tasted normal but I couldn't drink it- ew! And omg, my bathroom reeked. The smell was driving me crazy, but nobody else smelled it. I couldn't ignore my instincts to test, even though I felt crazy doing it so early with my irregular cycle. With Aiden and Rian, I waited until I was at least a week late. It was a super dark positive right away. Auuugh! Exactly 4 weeks pregnant. I was excited and scared. When Steven got home from work, I kept looking at him and he said, "Why do you keep looking at me? Are you pregnant or something?" He asked to see the test, smiled really big, then laughed.

With week 5 came nausea. Soo nauseous. I didn't have it with either pregnancy, honestly wasn't expecting it at all! But in a weird way, I like it because its kept me reassured as I waited for my first appointment which was today.

Week 6 brought a noticeable bump caused by bloat. Sadly because I have a layer of fat that wasn't there with the last two, thanks to months of not working out. (Never again will I let that happen to my body! Back to being fit after this!) I suck it in when I go anywhere and it hurts to do it!

Week 7: hunger, hunger, hunger. But nothing sounds good. Cereal is my go-to meal.i feel like I've been hungover for over two weeks.

Before I even got pregnant, I wanted to wait to announce our third baby when I had a big, huge belly. A random "Oh by the way, I'm pregnant!" But after seeing that itty bitty baby's heart beating, I got overly excited and posted today! I couldn't keep it in! One thing we're definitely holding out for is not finding out the sex. It'll be so fun and exciting in the delivery room!

I'm due September 4th, Aiden will have just started kindergarten- perfect timing! We're so, soo excited for this (more than likely) last addition to our family!

Since we're planning for it to be the last one, I'm going to enjoy every second of this pregnancy and having a newborn again!

1 comment:

  1. Love this and love that itty bitty baby so much already!! I ate at least 5 bowls of cereal a week with both of my pregnancies... probably more!

    ReplyDelete