Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 77

This morning I had an appointment... I didn't leave feeling like I normally do. I was so excited to meet with the midwife, since I had a few questions for her. My bloodtest and ultrasound came back looking good. She said something about my placenta position, which has never been mentioned to me before. She also said the ultrasound put my EDD at 9/1 but we're going to keep it at 9/4.

She measured me and was surprised that she could actually feel my uterus, she said you usually don't at this point and that it's measuraing perfectly. She started feeling around and said, "I wouldn't bet money on this, but I think the baby's right here." (Huh?!) She put the Doppler on and moved it and I thought I was hearing the heartbeat, but she kept moving it. She said things like, "Oh I woke somebody up!" and "I'm making somebody mad."- I guess she could hear the baby move in there? Have never heard of that! Then she took it off and said she didn't get the baby's exact heart rate but we heard the placenta pulse and its the same as the baby's. She said the baby was right under the placenta. It wasn't very reassuring in my opinion. :/ But she didn't seem concerned at all. I feel totally confident that if she thought something was wrong, she would've found out for sure.

But I'm the biggest worrier, I'll probably worry til my ultrasound in two weeks, we scheduled it today. I liked her, it turned out to be a different midwife than I saw the one time with Rian. She won't be in the office for my next regular checkup, so they scheduled me with a different midwife, I'll probably keep seeing whoever I like best. I tried not to google it when I got home, but I did. Everything I read said its not uncommon. There were lots of, "That happened to me too." So I'm just trying to focus on the positive things that happened at the appointment!

I talked to her about not being induced at 41 weeks and she said it doesn't absolutely have to happen. I'll have to go in for daily monitoring and keep track of kicks/movements from 41-42 weeks, but the baby will definitely have to come out at 42 weeks. When I told her what the kids weighed she said she'll also monitor the baby's weight because she doesn't want me giving birth to a 10 pound plus baby- eek! That thought terrifies me. So we'll just see how everything goes when that time comes, I'm not making any decisions yet.

1 comment: