Friday, April 5, 2013

Day 95

I kind of over did it today.

I had Sean for a few hours this morning, while he napped, I painted.

One door down, a bunch to go!
It was too breezy out, so I had to bring my project in.
(PS: Ignore that ugly carpet.)
 
After he left, we headed to the store to get a few things. I pinned a recipe for homemade fruit snacks a few weeks ago, I couldn't wait to try them! The kids love fruit snacks, but I hate buying them- so much gross junk in them! The recipe was so easy.


Ingredients:
(Berries, fresh squeezed orange juice, gelatin, honey)
 
It was a pretty big fail. Boo. I made two batches, blue berry and blackberry. The sauces both tasted really good before I added the gelatin. The recipe called for gelatin made from grass-fed cows, I bought regular. I'm not sure that would've made a difference anyway. As I was stirring it in, it had a really distinct smell and it didn't smell good. At all. That's exactly how the fruit snacks (with the weirdest texture!) smell and even taste. Gag. After you chew for a few seconds, that taste goes away, but its definitely not worth enduring. I looked up a few recipes and a lot of other people used way less gelatin. But I don't think I want to try again. (I'm back-dating this. On our trip yesterday, we passed by an area of cows. The smell in the air was a mixture of manure and the gelatin smell- disgusting!!!) Aiden ate a few and said he liked them, Rian was unsure. Steven spit it out haha! I was pretty bummed. But before I bought the gelatin, I was talking to my mom and she said I could use her dehydrator, so maybe I'll try a recipe that way instead.
 
After that big waste of time, I made a homemade potato salad. Has anybody ever had the red skin potato salad from Walmart? Its my faaavorite! But I never go to that annoying store anymore, (unless I absolutely have to, I've yet to find another store that sells what I need to make laundry detergent) so I found a recipe online. Yum! After dinner, I finished painting the other side of the door. Then did a few loads of laundry.
 
I was exhausted that night. My feet were so swollen and my back was aching. I was in bed reading and my book bumped up. I pressed on my belly and felt Baby Three from the outside! So exciting! Can't wait til Daddy can feel. :)

1 comment:

  1. The only fruit snacks Ryan gets are his vitamins! & He loooves them but he knows he only gets two a day. He asks for them everyday without fail.

    I smiled when I saw the streamers from Rian's birthday were up. I left Jakey's up for as long as I could but then Jake ripped them down like a week later. His "Happy Birthday" pirate banner is still hanging on my wall :) I don't want to take it down! Haha.

    You're a busy bee!! If you make good fruit snacks- save some for me! I want to taste them. & I want to feel the baby too!!

    ReplyDelete