Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day 236

When AJ was in North Carolina in July, I started crafting for his party. Even before that, I ordered paper straws, cupcake wrappers and sprinkles from Etsy. We never have big parties for our kids, just family get-togethers. I really lucked out this year by getting things done beforehand. By the time his birthday rolled around, I had no energy to do anything, I'm so glad it was already all done or there would've been no decorations! Half of our usual party crew couldn't make it this year, so we just invited our parents over for pizza. Nice and simple! I didn't order a birthday shirt this year, but I ordered a "5" iron-on patch last minute and it got here right on time!
 
(There really wasn't a theme. I just threw different things that he likes together: puzzles, ABC's and crayons. In red, yellow and blue.)
 
 
Cupcakes
(And the forks with ABC magnets in them)
 
They had ABC sprinkles on them!

That crayon 5 looked better when I laid it out on the counter, before gluing it.
 

Just missing food.

Singing "Happy Birthday"

Always his favorite part. :)

Presents!
 
It was short and sweet. Everybody came at 6:00 and were gone before 8, by 7:45! Perfect for this pregnant Momma! Definitely enjoyed it being smaller than usual this year, it'll probably be my last year getting away with it. Next year he'll probably want a bunch of loud, stinky boys over!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment