Friday, November 22, 2013

Day 326

Another one of my Adventures in Breastfeeding...

Friday morning I woke up with a burning nipple. I knew right away... thrush. Ugh. I spent the entire day reading stuff on Google, hoping, praying, crossing my fingers that it wasn't.

Saturday, it started getting itchy. It didn't bother me too bad while Asher was nursing (which is the main reason I kept changing my mind on whether it could be or not) until I noticed two white bumps. I paged the midwife line and Julie called back. She told me to keep it clean and dry, blah blah blah, things I'd already been doing. And if it got too bad, to call Monday and they'd fit me in. (I got my IUD put in last Monday and already had an appointment the following Monday, which turned out to be a blessing of a mess-up.)

By Sunday morning, I couldn't take it anymore. Everything I read, and J, told me that Gentian Violet works, so Steven went out and got some. I read some iffy stuff about it and was really nervous, but since I was using such a tiny amount and my nipple was so bothersome, I went for it. I used it once, then started using my Mom's homemade yogurt instead, to hold me over until the next day.

It was already feeling better, definitely not 100% though, when I went in for my appointment. When I talked to Marsha about Mirena, I could've sworn she said she'd have me back a month later, but she circled "week" on my checkout sheet last week. When her nurse saw me, she was wondering why I was back so soon! It turned out to be a mistake, but obviously, I was so thankful for it. Marsha prescribed me a cream that I'm using twice a day for seven days. Ahh sweet relief.

Even though it's been one thing after another, (I've had more plugged milk ducts than I can count!) I'm so glad I'm still breastfeeding and going strong! I've even gotten Asher to latch onto my "bad" side this week. Even though it doesn't produce much milk anymore, I still have to pump it so its' not rock hard and painful, I'd much rather nurse him than pump. So some days I don't pump at all!

Almost to the three month mark. Each month I get to, I add another to my goal, so onto the four month mark we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment