Monday, November 25, 2013

Day 329

So, while I was talking to Marsha about my nipple, Steven was picking Aiden up from school. I was at the pharmacy and they asked for a prescription card (Huh?! We always get AJ's allergies meds there and have never been asked for one.) I knew we had one, somewhere at home, that we got about two years ago, so I came home to look for it. Ha! Steven told me Aiden had been crying and saying his cheek hurt since he picked him up. He had a 101 degree fever. I didn't find the card, but after calling the insurance, they gave us the needed info and I went back to Walgreens.

When I got back home, Seven took Rian to the store and he got a haircut. Earlier I'd give Aiden an ice pack for his cheek. We had NO idea what could possibly be wrong with it. I now noticed he had it on his ear, instead of his cheek, and asked him if his ear hurt. He said it hurt inside. I thought it was a long shot, but I googled "Ear infection with cheek pain" and it's a common thing. It was 3:50pm, I called his pediatrician and they asked if I could be there by 4:15. I hopped in the car with the boys as fast as I could.

In the waiting room, I nursed Asher. I left in such a hurry that I forgot my cover, thank goodness I had an undershirt so I could cover myself with my top shirt. I don't care if other women don't cover up, but I prefer it for myself. It was my first time nursing in a public place. (Thankfully there was nobody else waiting, so I didn't really need to worry about being covered anyway.)

Anyway, as soon as she looked in AJ's ear, she said, "Oh yeah! That's gotta be painful." She was surprised that it was his first ear infection with how bad it was. So for the third time that day, I headed to Walgreens. What a day!

Yesterday he climbed a tree for the very first time.
And we heard him count to 100 for the first time (made me teary eyed.)
And today, his first ear infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment