Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Day 365

Well, it's New Year's Eve. I did it! An entire year of blogging. I might not have done it very well, let's face it, the first month of the new year's about to be over and I'm barely finishing this. But I still did it and will love looking back on all the good times 2013 brought us.

I posted and wrote this on my instagram today:

I'm always saving pictures, blog posts, etc. about women brave enough to post pictures like these. I've never been one for New Year's resolutions, but now that I'm done having babies, I'm hoping to learn to love and embrace my "Mommy body." The place that grew and was the first home to my three greatest accomplishments. I don't want to look at my saggy skin and stretch marks and think about what once was, I want to look at them and be reminded of the greatest journey I'll ever take, the one into Motherhood. Without this body, I wouldn't be so blessed and surrounded by love. It won't be easy, but posting this is progress. Maybe this summer I'll even rock a bikini, weird belly button and all!"

This inspired from the "Fit Mom" Maria King, I'm sure everybody's heard of her. She's super healthy and fit, after three kids. She posted a picture of her and her boys with the caption "What's your excuse?" and got so much backlash. It's awful. She recently posted a picture of her abs and next to it, she did a close up (I think she was bending a little) and you could see her saggy skin. That is so inspiring to me! A real woman, not airbrushed.

I'm thinking I'm going to start working out again soon. I want to feel healthy again. Working out does so many things for me, I feel better about myself physically and mentally, when I see what I can push through. Hopefully that motivation hits me soon and hard!

So, here's to a healthier me in 2014!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment