Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Goodbye August!

First off all, I want to thank [or maybe curse] Loni and Danielle for posting about Pinterest this morning. As if I didn't look through too many blogs and obsess about making/doing things to the house too much already, now I have a whoooole website to spend hours and hours and hours on looking at more pictures. Augh!


And second, people are so annoying! We rent our house from Steven's parents and pretty much everytime somebody finds out that we live in the house Steven grew up in, they assume it was given to us. No, we don't pay as much as his parents could be getting but we don't live here for free. I'm so sick of hearing about it, I feel like I should get a shirt made. Definitely a con about living in a small city.


Now to the highlights of my day:


I came across this blog yesterday or the day before [I can't keep track, they're all linked up and I just click away] with the cutest little bottle vases, of course I had to recreate them!


I'm not the best spray painter but practice makes perfect!
 If I ever get around to painting the last kitchen wall, I want to put up a few shelves and these will go on them.

And today I scored big time, finally! I've been going to Goodwill looking for chairs for a few months, its way too hot to go to yard sales this time of year, but I kept lucking out until...

!!!!!
Now I just need to decide what color to paint them.


When Steven and I first moved in together, we lived in a tiny studio in the backyard of our friends' house. What a simpler time. :) Anyway, we didn't have a table [there was no room] and I told him I'd always wanted one like Monica's on Friends, different chairs that are all different colors. He shot that down real quick. But its not up to him, what does he know about decorating?! I like the idea of having different looking chairs, but I think I'll paint them all the same color. We'll see.


Yay to tomorrow being September... almost to the cool months. I can't wait to go on walks and take the kids outside to play. Two of my favorite things about fall are the scented candles and holiday-flavored creamers. Plus all the fun Holidays and decorations! Exciting.


The kids went down for naps and bed without screaming- that's rare these days! They must've gotten worn out at Grandma and Grandpa's.

No comments:

Post a Comment