Tuesday, November 22, 2011

All about Pinterest.

On Pinterst I saw a "Toddler Buffet" using an ice cube tray so I did it today for the kids' lunch.

It might look like a lot of food but its really not. It took two spots for only one strawberry. The spaces are so tiny.

Aiden loved it! Rian did too, but mostly she just copies what Aiden says so who really knows.

Every year I say I'll wait til after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas... and every year I get so excited and do it early. I decorated yesterday. :) At least I wait to put the tree up til the Friday after. Can't wait!

When we moved in, my inlaws left their old Christmas lights. We used them the first two years then last year finally caught up with the times and bought some LED lights. I still had all the old ones in the shed outside and saw this idea on Pinterest, where else?!

[before and after]
Pretty! Only thing is the silver color turned out more purple than silver after they dried. Oh well.

Since I've started using Pinterest to help in meal plans, I don't dread it as much anymore. Tonight we had hot ham and cheese sliders with a poppy seed sauce. Yummy. And homemade coleslaw.

And for dessert, pumpkin muffins. Or cupcakes- whatever, same thing. Its the easiest recipe ever, spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin puree. The batter is sooo thick though so they don't turn out too pretty. Guess thats what icing is for. I made them last year and the kids gobbled them right up. I let Aiden taste the batter this morning and he spit it out so I thought he'd be over it. But nope, they both loved them.

The last few hours with the kids were nuts! Aiden is something else lately. Such an attitude. And Rian's in the "no" phase. I'd always heard it came around age two, but Aiden didn't do it til well after he was two. Its in full effect with Rian right now. I was very happy when bedtime came. Now almost time for my favorite show and relaxing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment