Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Proposals.

Last night I was watching Friends, the one where Monica and Chandler get engaged. I remember watching it back when it aired and thinking of Steven, being a cheesy 15-year-old. Ahhh. I clicked the info button to see the date '5-18-00.' Even though we've been married for almost 4 years, sometimes its still so crazy to me that we ended up together. I used to always say, "What's meant to be will always find a way"- guess its true.

Back then, Rebecca and I had these notebooks we'd write back and forth in. I remember writing about that episode so I pulled one of the books out. I said it was sooo beautiful and made me cry ha. [Last time I actually went through one of them was probably close to when they were originally written, its been years. Funny, also on that day I wrote about how when we grew up, even if we didn't live close by we'd always visit each other. So I could see Caitlynn and Ryan and she could see Rian and my other kids. haha!] That episode gave made me teary-eyed and goose-bumpy for years. It finally doesn't, probably because I've seen it a million times. I actually just watched it on a different station last week!


Steven's proposal to me wasn't crazy romantic like that, but it makes me smile everytime I think about it. We found out I was pregnant December 15, 2007. We both knew we wanted to be married before the baby came. In a way I guess you could say we got married because of him, but it would've happened anyway and it was important to us to already be an established family when he was born. We had my Grandma's wedding set but I didn't wear them yet. For me, its weird that I don't remember the date it happened or have any pictures- I take pictures of everything.

I don't have any of that stuff, but I know it was in January- probably around 7pm. We lived in a little studio with hardwood floors and I wanted our "living room" area to be more homey so we decided to go buy a rug at Walmart. He was acting weird, kept giggling and fidgiting with stuff. I was standing by the dresser, wiggling my feet into my shoes when I noticed his head in the reflection of the mirror was by my waist. I was like "What are you doing?" then I turned around and he was on one knee, holding the ring. :) He asked if I'd marry him, obviously I said yes! And off to Walmart we went, where we paid $80 for an ugly red shaggy rug that was a pain in the ass to vaccuum. When we moved here, it stayed in the front room til it became Rian's room, then it was under the kitchen table for awhile but was so gross with dog hair intertwined in it and food being dropped all over. Eventually it ended up outside then thrown out. Me being me, sometimes wish I would've kept it or at least cut a piece off of it. We bought it the night we were officially engaged. Its proably better that way, I keep too much stuff.

Here we are, a month later, the day after we got married.
We had breakfast at Denny's then went to my parent's house to pick up our gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment