Thursday, December 22, 2011

December 22nd

My sweet girl,

I'm not exactly sure how time flew by so quickly. I can't believe you're two! But at the same time, 730 days with you hasn't been enough. It feels like just yesterday I heard those amazing words, "Its a girl." I had tears running down my face. I couldn't stop smiling. I was going to have a daughter. It was a dream come true. One boy, one girl- perfect. That day was the last day we saw you before you were born, I spent the remainder of my pregnancy worried you'd come out a boy. That same day we bought your first set of onesies and receiving blankets. I couldn't wait to start getting you all the pretty, pink stuff- I was definitely going to be that Mom!

When you were born, at 6:51pm, I had to ask Daddy, "Is she a girl?!" And then there you were, in my arms. My daughter. While I was pregnant, I thought a lot about how I could possibly have enough room in my heart for anymore love, your Dad and brother filled it up. But the second I held you, there it was in an instant- that powerful, insane, unconditional love... its all-consuming and overwhelming, the best feeling in the entire world.

My brandnew baby girl, she's a miracle. I saw God today.
-George Strait

Your nickname, Punky, is so totally you. You do things your brother never did. You want to sleep with shoes on and do everything on your own, little Miss Independent. You have to buckle your chest piece in your carseat and buckle your booster seat straps. [Everytime you buckle them, you shriek "I did it!" It excites you every. single. time.] You also have to put your own shoes and socks on [which you mastered at the same time as your big brother.] You want to wash yourself in the bathtub and sometimes you even want to put your own diaper on haha. You're very smart- is it because your the second child? Because you're a girl? Its because you're, YOU. You're so wild and free-spirited. You know what you want and how to get it. You make me laugh sooo much, especially when you make funny faces. You love when I make faces at you too.


When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change. Cause you're amazing, just the way you are. And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for awhile. Cause girl you're amazing, just the way you are.
-Bruno Mars

I love so many things about you, its hard to keep track, but here are a few:

-Your voice and the way you talk. Like how you call your slippers, "slipplas" and the mail lady is "mah-lah-dee."
-I love that you look so much like me.
-Your teeth.
-How girly you are, but also how tough you are.
-Your chubby cheeks and chunky thighs [they're starting to get smaller. :(]
-The way you smell.
-That you call Aiden "Sissy"
-You're still so much a Momma's girl.
-You want to choose your own outfits and put them on yourself. [If I pull your pants up, you pull them down then pull them back up yourself.]
-That you're all about accessorizing.
-How you're SO on with your routine. If I mix it up and give bath before dinner [because we were ourside and you got dirty, you love playing in dirt.] the rest of your night is ruined. If I give you milk too early, you're ready for bed super early. You're on point with your schedule!
-Your little lispe.
-How you copy everything Aiden does. [lets be honest, I don't always love it.]
-The way you stick your fingers through the spaces in your crocheted blankets, even when you're sleeping.
-When you stop being stingy and give out lovings. "Gimme hug! Gimme kith! Anodduh hug!"
-How obsessed you are with brushing your teeth. "My brushteeth!" [Also obsessed with saying you want to pee on the potty, even though all you do when you sit down is ask for a banana.]
-When you give me a certain look with your eyes, point your finger and tell me something in a very matter-of-fact voice.
-I especially love that I can still rock you to sleep.

And when she wraps her hand around my finger, oh it puts a smile in my heart. Everything becomes a little clearer, I realize what life is all about. It's hanging' on when your heart has had enough. It's giving more when you feel like giving up. I've seen the light, it's in my daughter's eyes.
-Martina McBride

I want so much for you, for you to do so well and go so far in this crazy thing called life. To be happy, healthy, successful and most of all, a good person. Raising you is the scariest thing I've ever done. I never want you to feel less than you are. I want you to always, always love yourself. I'm already dreading every heart break you'll endure. It makes me sad knowing I won't be able to fix everything for you. I want to give you the easiest, best life I possibly can, but I know you'll have to live and learn.

I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.
-Robert Munsch

I can't even begin to express the amount of joy you've brought into my life. Our bond is so special, I hope we're always close, that you'll always be a Momma's girl. I'm here for you forever. I'm going to mess up, you might even hate me at times... but I hope you know, everything I'll ever do is for you- to benefit you, protect you, mold and shape you. I'll always be your #1 fan, your biggest supporter. [Same can be said about your Daddy.] Even though I gave you life, you're really the one who gave me life.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Happy Birthday, pretty girl.

I love you with everything I am,
Mommy.

3 comments:

  1. i seriously cried reading this. this is so, so, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you AND Rian! Happy second birthday baby girl.

    I still remember walking into Casey's garage with Elyse to go get ice cream when I first saw a picture of Rian on my cell phone :)

    She is pretty lucky to have you as her momma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in tears, yet laughing through them at her wanting a banana when she tries so go potty. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete