Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Check, check, check!

I've done a few things over the last few days that've made me feel super accomplished.

- Saturday I finally went through all of Rian's clothes. I have every single thing she's ever worn [except stuff that we borrowed and returned.] With Aiden's clothes, I've taken stuff here and there to Goodwill that I could part with, but I've never done that to Rian's clothes. [I did go through them once before when Jillian's baby was born, but she never picked the box up.] Anyway, I made another box for Jill and a box for Goodwill. The itty bitty stuff is the hardest to get rid of, I still have a majority of it. I was able to clear two boxes of her clothes out of our closet and declutter the top shelf of her closet that was overflowing with clothes. Ahhh, I felt soo much better!

- I also went through the cabinets in my bathroom and got rid of a whooole bunch of junk. It looks so much better instead of a big, unorganized mess.

- Before Rian's room was her room, it was our spare room where the second dvr connection was set up. So since then it hasn't been used. For the longest time, I was so against having a tv in our room, I don't know why, I just thought it was pointless. But I finally gave in. It might sound lazy, but its nice to watch a few minutes til I feel myself falling asleep. I usually do this with reading, but I don't always have a book around. So on Sunday, Steven's dad came over and after lots of messing with wires and climbing in the attic, we now can watch tv in our room- yay! [I had nothing to do with this, but its still a check off my list!]

- Last night, after wanting to do it for 3 1/2 years, I finally shampooed the living room carpet. It still has some stains, of course, and its still a little darker in the entrance areas from so much dirt being tracked in, but it looks a lot better. It was so gross before! I wish I would've done a before and after picture so I could really see the results. I shampooed the crap out of it, I used the entire bottle of cleaner. Seeing all that black water being dumped out was so disgusting, it made me not want to stop! I'll never, ever, ever understand how people can wear shoes on their carpet. GAG. A few months back, I tried being not as obsessed about it, but after last night- hell no! The sign's going back up on the front door and people are taking off their nasty shoes. I'm sure I sound crazy, but it just grosses me out soo much. Seriously, I can't even handle it.

- For the first time ever, almost all of my shoes are in the closet instead of under the bed! And I threw out a bunch of crap that was under there too, I almost tossed out my camera in the process- oops.

[The crib rail I hung my hats and junk on the other day is now in the closet holding heels, a much better use.]

My to-do list is never ending, the next things on it are getting shelves up in Aiden's room, that way a bunch of stuff from his closet can go on them and then we can declutter in there. I organized it a few months ago but its back to a disaster since I took all the Christmas stuff down. And also, Steven's been collecting pallets from work to build a little holder deal in the bathroom [and make whatever else Pinterest comes up with :)] to get rid of counter clutter like this:


Also tonight I'm going to clean the furniture. I just did it 4 weeks ago and nobody would ever be able to tell. It gets gross so fast with the kids and their milk and snotty noses and blah blah blah. [Steven doesn't help either, he spills stuff all the time, I'm a mother of three I tell you!]

It feels SO good getting things checked off my list!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh how nice! I'm still looking in Elyse and Ryan's closets because they look SO nice after my mom helped me organize and get rid of junk!

    I want to shampoo our carpets. Rian has an orange stain in her room thanks to me. Sorry!

    I used to not like tv in bed either, but sometimes it's nice to be lazy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Her big hippo covers that stain. :) I was planning to do the bedrooms this morning because I didn't think I'd end up using all of the soap, but I couldn't anyway because Steven had to return it before he went to work. Boo. Next time!

      Delete
  2. i love watching tv to fall asleep!

    ReplyDelete