Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Ours was chill but super fun. We'd been promising the kids all week we'd have a camp out in the living room. We haven't been up at midnight since the year I was pregnant with Aiden when we were going to sleep right at 12. This is the second year in a row we've all had colds.

I made them a tent and put twinkle lights on it to look like stars. Then we watched Cars 2.
[The tent lasted less than an hour. We didn't have a thick enough rope so it came crashing down, boo.]

I bought a cheesy little pack of stuff- hats, horns, confetti poppers and some streamers that I hung from the ceiling fan. I blew up some balloons too.

After Cars 2, we watched Pixar Short Films- those are funny! Rian asked to go to bed around 9:30 and right after that, Steven fell asleep.

Aiden and I played Candyland. :)


Then we watched the Good Luck Charlie Christmas movie. [lots of movies!]


It got done just a few minutes before midnight, Steven woke up just in time for the countdown.

My party buddy.

We danced for a few minutes then crashed out.

Happy New Year!

We went over to my parents' house yesterday for our traditional New Year's dinner- gyoza and sushi. YUUUM!

We cheated this year and my Mom bought the sushi instead. Its such a time consuming meal to make.

1 comment:

  1. I want to come spend New Years with you next year, as long as you have party hats and confetti!

    ReplyDelete