Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Potty training.

Monday night, before I went to bed, I went into Rian's room and walked into her on the floor. Since she as awake, I changed her and yesterday morning she woke up dry. I put her on the potty while I made breakfast and she peed! I decided to give training another go and she did awesome. She peed on the potty 5 times and had one accident while I was making dinner- thankfully on the tile and not our freshly cleaned carpet. The night I cleaned it, I realized I probably should've waited til after she learned to use the toilet. Oops!

My big girl and her sticker chart. :)

So far today she's used the toilet once and had one accident. I'm optimistic this afternoon will be easy since we won't have interruptions like naptime in the way. I canceled their playdate with Grandpa because I don't want her in a diaper except at night. No breaktime for Mom- boo. Oh well, I'd rather have a potty trained baby!

She won't use the little potty, she wants to use the seat insert and sit on the big toilet- so we've been stranded in the bathroom a lot. I'm so proud of her though, I wasn't expecting it to go as well as it did yesterday.  I can't believe we're about to be diaper-free! Last Friday was probably my last time buying some... kind of weird to think about since I've been buying them for almost 4 years and 11 of those months I was buying diapers for two. Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment