Tuesday, June 19, 2012

House/Ryan's birthday

Our flooring came in last Monday- on Wednesday Steven and his friend Sean went to pick it up, Steven's Dad met them there.

All piled up!

Sunday Steven and his Dad are going to put it in the living room- I can't wait! But... honestly I'm a teeny, tiny bit sad about not having carpet anymore. I'm sure I'll get over it quickly. Then comes the fun part, fixing this dang kitchen floor.

My new faucet and sink. :)

Its so unhomey in this area, I don't like it. But I know it'll be worth the wait in the end. [My kitchen walls always come out lime greenish in pictures, they aren't that bright.]

We still have to order the backdoor, buy new doors for the rest of the house, baseboards and I want new light fixtures in the kitchen. Also paint all the door handles/hinges bronze. Phew! I'm not in a huge hurry for any of this except the backdoor. The one I chose has a window and its so pretty! Steven went to order it like 3 weeks ago but the guy wasn't there... get on it, buddy!

Saturday morning we left for Ryan's second birthday- I can't believe he's already two! These babies grow up way too fast. The drive is long and of course, the kids never fall asleep til the last 30 minutes- happens every time! They slept almost the whole way back home though.

Birthday boy!

His party was monster themed, Rebecca did such a good job. It was fun! It rained a good amount and the kids loved it. It made the day so nice and cool. We got to see Elyse, the last time we saw her I was about to pop with Aiden. When we walked into Rebecca's house, she looked and me and smiled. When I said hi to her she walked up and hugged me. It made me happy. :) Its too bad she doesn't live closer to her brothers and the rest of her family.


I love being an Aunt! Ryan and Jake being Rebecca's babies makes it extra, extra special.

It was a fast but fun weekend! While I'm wishing that people lived closer, I also wish we lived closer to the Rios'. Our babies love running around together. Aiden, Rian and Ryan love each other so much- its so easy to see. Jakey will too when he's older! Best buds.

Oh yeah and I can't forget to write about Aiden looking at me, smiling and saying, "You look like a princess." Awww! Love.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you get annoyed how you get sad over all these changes?? My parents brought us our new computer desk and although my old one was almost falling apart- it's the one I had all throughout college! Haha- Andres put it together the day I moved here and it made me a little sad to get rid of it.

    The house will look so beautiful with the new flooring! &&& the new doors, I forgot how old your bedroom doors were until we went to visit last time. I remember getting them and they were so nice! ha.

    I'm happppy you guys came out for Ryan's birthday party! More fun memories of our babies to add to the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is coming together beautifully! I'm so glad you got some much needed family time! <3

    ReplyDelete