Thursday, June 28, 2012

Living room flooring- finally!

Saturday I removed the tile in front of the front door then later that night we moved everything out and took the carpet out- ew!

SO much dirt.

And it was disgusting looking at the bottom of the carpet. It was like 15 years old!

Sunday afternoon Steven and his Dad put most of the flooring down.

 They ran into a few problems and it took a lot longer than they thought. Monday they worked for about 3 more hours and the living room was done. I LOVE it! One thing that kind of stinks is, there was a different one that we really loved- it was way cheaper too. But it had bad reviews when it came time to installing. And what do you know- so did ours! Oh well.


It still feels a little unreal for some reason. Like its too pretty, it can't be my house! haha. You can see every little thing on it though, I'm constantly sweeping- it drives me nuts! We still need to buy new baseboards, then the living room will be complete!

Oh yeah and Steven's going to build a new tv console:

 Perfect!
I really love this color but I think it'll clash with the floors. We can decide on that later.
An upclose picture. One of my favorite things about it is how textured it is.

It might be taking us a long time to get things done- but we're getting there! And having fun doing it... well at least I am, since I'm not doing much of the hard labor. :)

1 comment: