Saturday, September 22, 2012

Crazy. Growing up. Fall.

Things around here have been crazy. Cuh-ray-zie. Our computer is acting up so I'm doing a full update from the iPad- this'll be interesting! Boo to not being able to upload pictures from my camera. Also I don't know how the pictures will upload in the post, I can't attach them in certain areas like I want.

The kids have been in two modes lately: fighting and crying horribly or getting along so well that they're going nuts together and being naughty. Honestly, I feel so drained!

Rian's 3rd birthday is in exactly three months, how's this possible? Today we were in the car and she asked me if I could turn the music up louder, my heart melted then sank. She's so grown up: potty trained, sleeping in a twin bed, forward-facing... nothing "baby" about her. They were looking at books in Aiden's room [a moment of peace] and I heard him telling her to watch him. She said, "Stop! I'm looking at what's on sale." Haha! Mini Me.

Last night I was looking at pictures from when Aiden was 13 months old [which was exactly 3 years ago yesterday] it's crazy to think at that time I thought he was SO big. If only I'd known!

Steven's dad came over last weekend as promised, instead of working on the floor, they removed and covered the old phone landline faceplate and installed a light switch, since the old one was on the wall that we knocked down. Now that we have a working light switch again, we bought a new ceiling light fixture for when you first walk into the kitchen from the garage. He's coming back over tomorrow and they're going to work on patching up the area where we knocked the wall down. Then I have to repaint a small area. Eventually it'll look like a home again. :)

We decorated for Fall this week, the kids think its so fun! That's one of the best thing about them getting older, the holidays get better and better. Steven surprised me with my favorite creamer! I didn't think it'd be out until sometime next month- ahhh so good. I have to talk myself out of drinking more than one cup of coffee every morning. :) I had gotten new living room curtains a few months back, I love them but I was thinking how they won't look good with the Christmas tree against them so I got some new ones yesterday- using tablecloths! Perfect. Cheaper and they're wider so they work even better.

Happy first day of Fall!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait til Fall- I think today was the first official day! Lol! I bet it must have been so fun to have them help you decorate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be so nice to have your house all fixed and put together with the new stuff!! I can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete