Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Chores. Alphabet. Detergent. Kitchen Door.

Our computer kind of works but is still being weird- so annoying. I don't like updating from the iPad- it took over an hour to upload the other day! Then I go on the computer and put the pictures where I want them, I didn't like how jumbled my last post was. Anyway...

We started chores for Aiden last week, Rian too but his are more something he has to do. They both love helping out anyway already. I want to make some sort of chart for them. He helps set and clear the table, vacuum, folds his clothes (mosly shorts and pants because they're easiest for him) and clean his room every night (that was already his responsibility) they also help empty the dishwasher- big kids!



The kids now know letters A, B and C. They know ransoms like o and r too. But we're going in order. Today I had them look for the letter A in a bunch of other letters. They did so well!

 Rian easily picked them out, but as you an see, is still learning how to circle, etc. :) I should've put more on her paper, she was helping Aiden because she finished hers so quickly, he wasn't happy about that.

This morning I decided to make my own laundry detergent. Since I don't work I have so much extra time to be trying out things like this. Plus if I can save us money, I'm all for it! I've recently also stopped buying cleaners and am using homemade ones- mainly a vinegar mix. Hard to get used to the smell  instead of my old favorite Mr. Clean, but I'm learning. :) I bought all the supplies and the bucket for less than $16! I'll get tons of detergent out of all of this for less than one thing of Tide- exciting! I've read mixed reviews so my fingers are crossed it works for us.

One thing I already want to change, a few blogs I read said you can use any soap but most said this certain specialty brand I can't remember or Ivory, so I'm getting Ivory next time. It has to sit for 24 hours so I'll be updating soon!

Steven's dad ended up not coming over the other day, that's okay! My beautiful new door came in yesterday, a week earlier than expected!

It came with only primer on it so we're painting it next weekend (white). Can't wait!

Wearing their new Halloween jams! Aiden picked them out. They love them and want to wear them every single night!

So happy its Tuesday- New Girl starts tonight and of course my favorite, Parenthood! Better bring out the tissues.

3 comments:

  1. How fun with their chores!

    & how smart with their letters!!

    I made our own detergent months ago and we still have SO much of it left, I am sure it will last us well into next year! I like it but I wish it had a better "clean" scent like we're used to with Tide. But I can't remember te last time we had to buy detergent. I am hoping it is good for the baby too! Around the same time I made mine, another friend made hers, and her husband ended up in the hospital with a severe reaction to it. I was nervous but it has been good to us! I also switched to mainly vinegar cleaning homemade products around that time and add orange peels to it so freshen up the smell. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. & I am but not looking forward to Parenthood :(

      Delete
  2. He kids are getting so smart!!!! Geez. I cant believe Roan can find the letters! Love those babies.

    Were waiting tip the first to wear Halloween jammies...I fang wait!

    Let me know how you like homemade detergent.. seems weird!

    ReplyDelete