Friday, September 7, 2012

Getting ready for Fall/Winter!

...even though we still have two more months of hotness.

But anyway! I had $20 off at Old Navy so I got the kids some stuff. Ahhh I love new clothes shopping!

I went in for long sleeves but I couldn't resist these tees.

Jeans and leggings! [The teal jeans I actually got at Target a few weeks ago.]

This dress was regular price but look at it! It'll be soo cute with her fringe boots. Love.
As for the shoes, so dang cute and she picked them out herself! I wanted her to get some cute little pink ballet flats but she was set on these.

Last Friday on Zulily they had moccasins for $9 so I ordered her a tan pair and a brown pair.

Poor Aiden, basically all I ever buy him this time of year are flannels and thermals, with a few long sleeves he picks out. So I didn't take pictures of his clothes. Is that bad?

But he picked this awesome beanie and I ordered him these super cute shoes from Children's Place [of course they don't have them in the store, at least shipping was free!]

Still need to get them more, I want to check out Goodwill. I always find cute stuff there and its always brands I buy them. Online at Old Navy they have some sweaters for Aiden and leggings for Rian I want to get.

I had to try one of the outfits on her:

Cute overload!


We did our letter B project yesterday, just colored the letter and some pictures that start with B. Then they looked at alphabet stickers and found the B's to put on their page.

Aiden finally colors in the lines- took his sweet, little time.

And Rian spent most of her time putting on crayon lipstick.


Allll morning she pointed at every B she saw, so I guess she did pay attention afterall!

On Monday at breakfast, I gave them their milk in regular cups instead of the straw Take & Toss cups. They know how to use regular cups, they use them all the time when drinking water. But since then, they haven't wanted their morning milk because it hasn't been in the straw cups. Brats! They still have their afternoon and evening milk after naps and baths, the same times I used to give them their bottles. I don't know how to include them as their drink at meals instead. They need to get used to it though!

Last weekend Steven's Dad said he'd come over in two more weekends [he's working this one] and they'll start figuring the kitchen floor out. Thank God! My pile of dreams, as I call it, looks so lonely. We ordered the kitchen door this week. Yay! Slowly, soooo slowly but surely its happening. I can't wait til it looks like a home in here again.

This week on Pinterest I noticed pins were appearing that I didn't pin- spam! So I changed my password, a few days later I noticed my "Home" board was gone. Boo. :( I pouted. Sometimes when I'm bored, I look through my pins and dream. Ooooh well.

I can't believe its already time to start thinking of Halloween costumes. I love this time of year! Just wish we lived somewhere with pretty leaves falling and a chill in the air. One day we'll live somewhere pretty, I know it... maybe we'll retire and move to a farm! :)

2 comments:

  1. I want to go baby clothes shopping with you.. or kids clothes shopping! I sit online and look at Old Navy & Children's Place online a lot. Kids clothes shopping is fun!

    Aiden & Rian are getting so smart!

    Can't wait to see your new kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clothes!! Too bad we don't live closer and we could shop together!

    That's funny about the milk- Rylee REFUSES milk now since all of her bottles are gone. Completely refuses. I've tried every type of sippy, water bottle, regular milk, straw, no straw and I even bought the same brand of milk but in a little juice box they have and she refused that! She's been milk free for at least a month. She's a brat!

    I can't wait to see your kitchen either!

    ReplyDelete