Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 83

Steven got up this morning and started on the doors. He ran into some trouble (of course! Nothing with these house changes has been easy.) But two of them are in!

It makes such a huge difference. I keep looking at it!
(I wish the first picture had the carpet instead of the new flooring in, I didn't think of that when I took all of my "before" pictures.)
 
They still only have primer on them, painting was going to be my job, I hate painting! I'm going to see if I can bribe him into doing it. And hopefully next weekend the other two (my bathroom and Aiden's room) will be in. Then maybe the weekend after that, the two in the kitchen (Steven's bathroom/laundry room and the one going into the garage.) Then doors: done! Except the front door. I'm not exactly sure about that yet. Either get a new one...some day, or stain the one we have to match the flooring.
 
We went with brushed bronze (of course!) round knobs. I'm kind of over the long handled ones. Plus the round knobs make it harder for little ones to open doors! I think the round ones give it a more country look, which is what I try to go for. These doors go perfect in our house!
 
This is why I try not to complain about my kitchen floor. Because he's been doing so many other projects along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new doors. Even though they aren't painted yet- they still look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete