Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 147

Day 1 of finishing this kitchen floor!

By the time I took this picture, we'd chipped a bunch of grout.

We were up and working by 7am this morning. I didn't do a whole lot, but I tried chipping at the grout as much as I could, I had to constantly switch positions so my body didn't get too comfortable, that just makes it extra worse trying to get up with these old lady hips!

Steven's dad arrived around 10am. They finished the chipping and scraping, then mixed mortar (???) to fill in the big dipped in areas. By 1pm, the work was done for the day. And my job came: cleaning all of the dust. It gets insanely dusty, everywhere, when you do work like this.


They did more than half of the floor, so the rest of it will be done next Monday, then when we have a free Monday (during mid June is when our two mini getaways are) they'll lay a self-leveling filler and then our flooring will finally be ready for installation. Then white baseboards go up. Feels unreal that it's actually happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment