Friday, May 10, 2013

Day 130

I've been wanting a tire swing put up for the kids for as long as we've lived in this house. Now they're finally big enough for one! The big tree we had in the backyard had to be cut down because it had termites so bad, so the front yard is our only choice, til the baby tree outback gets bigger. That'll be years from now! My brother-in-law said it looks white trash in the front, haha! I guess he's right, but who cares. Steven came home from work and put one up.

This is what I pictured in my mind:

Perfect.
(From Pinterest)

But this is what we ended up with:

Close enough!
And the kids love it, that's all that matters.


The front of our house needs so much work, but I don't even know where to begin! There are tons of things I'd love to do, but they're all costly. New trim paint, front door painted (this is a maybe, once I figure out what door I want, then I'll decide what to do with it) new screen door, flower boxes, shutters, barn style or wood garage door, on and on. I'm also not a fan of the porch area design, but it'll be many years til that's gone, or maybe I'll just learn to like it. So I have plenty of time to make decisions!

This morning I spotted a little. That's never happened in my other pregnancies. And it wasn't until sometime after I had Rian, that I would spot every now and then before my cycle started. So it's still a pretty new (and scary) thing. I have a regular check up on Monday, so I wasn't too concerned until I started cramping about three hours later. I decided to give them a call and the nurse told me I needed to go to Labor and Delivery. I couldn't even think after that, when she asked for my birth date, I was blanking out! I kind of talked her out of me going, since I'd only spotted once and it was mild cramping. She told me to relax and drink water, but if it got worse, or even, if it didn't get better, then I had to go. :(

So I spent the rest of the day in bed or on the couch. It sure was boring! But obviously, I'd do it til the end of my pregnancy if I had to, for a healthy full-term baby. Good thing I only babysat for a few hours today (and also, after 7 days of a grumpy baby, he started being happy yesterday! Fingers crossed he comes back Monday still happy.) About six hours later, they weren't consistent anymore and a few hours after that, they were gone! My body was obviously telling me I need to start taking it easy. I'm almost always doing something. Busy bee. Time to force myself to rest more often.

2 comments:

  1. I like the tire swing, it's cute!! It's a little sad when you change stuff in the house! I like almost everything the way it is :) except those bedroom doors! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are boxes and boxes of the old pink tile in the garage, you can put them in your kitchen! ;)

    ReplyDelete