Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 138

Today was nuts! (It's days later as I'm updating and I still can't believe it happened!)

The kids and I went grocery shopping then to Target for a few things. We came home and I fed them lunch then we were off to my parents' house so I could go out for a much needed lunch date with Jeanette... or so I thought.

Everything happened really fast:
-My sister answered the door, I thought it was a little weird, I figured she'd be at work. 
-I saw a little bunting banner against the back window and knew she'd gone to a Sweet 16 the night before, I wondered if it'd been at my parents house, I didn't know why else it'd be decorated. 
-My mom yelled "Surprise" (eh nothing strange about that, my mom always does random nutty things! Later I found out, she thought my sister was me, that's what the early yell was all about.) 
-All of a sudden there were a bunch of other people yelling "Surprise!" right in front of me. 

O.m.g. I didn't even know what to do! So I turned left into the hallway haha! I felt like I was going to cry. I got really red and apparently, I looked mad too. There's a video that I don't really want to see, embarrassing! That all happened probably within a minute, maybe even less.

It was a diaper shower! For me! So after everything calmed down, I was still in shock, but I looked around a little. It was decorated sooo cute! And all my friends were there! I don't have many of them, but the ones I do have are pretty awesome. They had all of my favorites: mini muffins from my favorite place, sushi, white queso dip, fruit, mini caprese skewers, mini green tea fraps from Starbucks and these chicken salad crescent sandwiches my mom makes, fruit infused water and mimosas...I think that was everything.

It was perfect!

We sat down to eat, the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear was passed around for everybody to write the baby a message, then everybody decorated a onesie. :) Everybody wrote down their guesses for Baby: 8 say boy, 2 girl. J and D didn't write their guesses down. Everybody hung out for a little bit then started to get going, it was short and sweet. I keep wanting to say it was perfect, because it was!

I hung out with my mom for a little bit then went home because Steven was getting off. On the way, I felt overwhelmed with emotion! I couldn't believe they did that for me, for us. It was a really, really good feeling. It's especially crazy that just a few days before that, I was starting to feel a little stressed about everything I still need to get. And now, I feel so taken care of. :)

Everybody was dressed so cute, I look like its just another day!
 
Hardly anybody reads this, but just in case anybody ever comes across it:
 

Thank you!
 
Mom. J. Deidra.
 
Tiva. Bre. Yuky. Crystal. Rachel. Lenitza. Kathy. Grandma.
 
And Rebecca & Miranda couldn't be there but still sent gifts.
 
So loved.
And soo very grateful.

1 comment:

  1. You deserve everything! I'm glad it turned out so well and wish I could have made it.

    ReplyDelete