Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 196 (Real wood island top)

My beautiful real wood/extended island top is done and I LOVE it! Steven did a great job, it came out better than I could've imagined!

Before and After

The bead board still needs to be painted (my paint dried out! I need to get more) and attached, so once that's done I'll get two wood brackets for the overhang and stain them. It's so sturdy, it doesn't necessarily need them, but I want them for decorative purposes. It'll be so pretty!
 
 
An up-close of the boarder

(Finished kitchen pictures in post Day 203)
 
Tomorrow's the big trip to North Carolina. They have to drive three hours to get to the airport and since they're leaving really early in the morning, it was best that AJ spent the night. I was so sad packing his suitcase! :( I can't imagine having to do that for my child multiple times a year, it made me extra sad for divorced parents. But of course, my big guy was excited and anxious to go all day!
 
He wanted to "drive" his suitcase.
 
Last year for preschool, he had a smaller-sized backpack. But papers and folders didn't easily fit in, so I got him this regular-sized backpack for Kinder. It looks giant on him!
 
It was hard to say bye, I'm surprised I kept it together so well. See you next Tuesday, baby boy! (I wonder how old the kids will be when I'll stop calling them "baby"... maybe I never will.)

1 comment:

  1. Packing for trips is always the worst. I always get so sad and emotional packing Elyse's suitcase to go back to Illinois, especially knowing it will be months before I see her again.

    I love his little backpack :)

    ReplyDelete