Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 195

Last weekend I said to Steven, "I'm not mad or annoyed or anything, but I think it's funny that when you want something done, it happens right away, but I have to wait forever when I want something." (He's been building a new roll cage for his Jeep, blah blah blah.)

So today, he started building my island top. Ha! Maybe he was feeling guilty?

Lots of progress!
By the end of his work day, before we had to leave for the evening.
 
I wish I had step by step pictures, so I could do a tutorial, but he was working outside and no way did I want to be out there watching/taking pictures. Too hot!
 
It's a few pieces, the bottom is one chunk of wood and the top is five planks of wood. I wish they could be more spaced apart, but since it's in the kitchen and crumbs, etc. would get stuck, so they're pretty close together. You can see them if you're up close, obviously. Then there's a boarder around. When he first told me about adding a boarder, I couldn't picture it and thought it was a horrible idea. I originally pictured it being an even rectangle shape, with no sort of design. But it actually makes it look extra nice! Tomorrow it just needs to be sanded, stained and given a protective coat.

Tonight, I was laying on my side and the baby was doing his/her usual gymnastics, except this time it was extra, extra low. Right above my pubic bone. I'm sure it's normal, but in my three pregnancies, I've never felt a baby that low! I felt the movement inside and from the outside with my hand. I feel like this baby's going to just fall out!

No comments:

Post a Comment