Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 203 (Kitchen: before and after)

Steven's dad came over at 8am and they started on the floor. Oh my gosh! Is this really happening?!

Meanwhile, I went to a baby check-up. I've gained 22lbs so far, not too bad. The midwife came in and looked at my info on the computer. She brought up the follow-up ultrasound and said, "Let's look at what they said about that." My heart started pounding. It'd been about two months since I had it and I've had a regular check up since, it was never brought up. She said "Baby looks perfect! Perfectly proportioned, except for long legs." That made me smile. :) She felt around for baby, then we listened to the heartbeat. We talked about not knowing the baby's gender, she said in her opintion mother's intuition is always right. I'm getting more and more anxious to meet this baby and see if I'm right!

She told me to try to get in with the new midwife, I'm wondering if the midwives at the office work the same as the doctors, taking turns being on-call. I'll have to ask next time. But when I made my next appointment, I wasn't asked who I wanted to see like they usually do, so I'm seeing the same midwife. Oh well. My next appointment's in two weeks, can't believe how close to the end we're getting.

Steven's Dad had to leave to get ready for work at noon, so Steven finished up. He also did the baseboard around the laundry room/his bathroom door. There are a few little details that we still need to take care of, but for the most part, our kitchen is done. It feels unreal. This was a long, loooong fourteen months! Well I guess I'm wrong, there are a couple of huge things: there's a leak in the roof that's messed up one of the kitchen walls. So that needs to be fixed. And also, there are two fans over the little dining area. I want there to be one, two is too much! I also want new light fixtures over the cooking area. But those things aren't urgent and a pain in the butt to live with like the floor situation.

Finally!
One consistent floor throughout!

Before and After

No comments:

Post a Comment