Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 204

So weird waking up to a finished kitchen! It's going to take awhile to get used to it. :)

Today's the day my boy's coming home! Yay! Their last flight was landing at 2:15, then they have about a three hour drive home. I already knew this day was going to drag, especially with Rian asking when Aiden would be home nonstop, but we got to hang out with J and Oliver so that helped time pass quick! Love them.

After dinner, dishes and waiting for a few more minutes, we heard a honk. Rian was beside herself! She ran outside, Aiden ran right past her haha! He was running to me, my heart swelled. My parents told him to hug his sister, he did as fast as he could. He jumped right in my arms. Loved it and, of course, made me tear up.

 
 
My parents hung out for a little bit, talking about their trip and showing me pictures and videos. Aiden did so much stuff while he was there, the main things: boogie boarding and swimming without floaties, (we've been trying since last summer!) Him and Adrian slept in the top bunk together every night, swam all day, played video games and lasers and ate their favorite food everyday: pb&j sandwiches! They said he was such a good boy. Apparently he loves my brother! haha They also said he really liked baby Gabriella. I'm so thankful to my parents for taking him. I want him to know his family and distance makes that so hard.
 
The kids were so cute that night. So happy and excited to be together. :) It feels so good having him back home!

1 comment:

  1. We love our dates! Soon we will go back to incorporating wine and our cheese dips! Why haven't we been stuffing our faces?!

    ReplyDelete