Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 233 (AJ turns five, 38 weeks pregnant)

Aiden came into my room around 4:15 this morning. I had my alarm set, like I do every year, so I could give him a birthday kiss at his birth time. 5:12am. But I never went back to sleep, just laid there thinking about how crazy it is that he's five!

The night before we got balloons and I put up a banner, our little table has become the designated Birthday eating spot. The kids feel so special having it all to themselves.

All ready!

I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and put candles in them.

:)

Legos! So happy to have his own set.
And a popcorn piggy bank. The two things he's been begging for!

My five-year-old
(On Monday he walked into a wall at the grocery store, nice goose egg he has there.)

He was SO happy to be spending his day at school.
 
I thought I'd be pretty bummed out dropping him off on his birthday, knowing I wasn't spending the whole day with my baby. But it wasn't bad at all. Birthdays aren't sad anymore. I love that my kids are growing and changing and becoming these amazing little people. I'll always miss them being babies, but I haven't gotten teary-eyed over this one at all. I was able to sing happy birthday this morning and I enjoyed it! Usually singing it to them makes me cry. (Birthdays for my last baby will probably all be sad though!)
 
When Steven got home from work, he told him, "Hey! You look different! What's so different about you? You look like you're five now." So cute. :) Our big guy!
 
For his bedtime book, we read a birthday book and for his bedtime song, Happy Birthday, of course!
 
And I'm 38 weeks today!
 
Done.
Over it.
Ready.
 
The kids have known the baby will come "after Aiden's birthday." That's what I've been telling them the whole time. The other day he pointed to the day after his birthday and said, "Mommy, is this the day the baby's coming?" So cute. I can't wait to see my three little loves together!

No comments:

Post a Comment