Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 246 (Asher's birth story Pt 1.)

This morning I had a baby appointment. I saw the other midwife, Julie, since Marsha had a really busy schedule. I don't really care by this point anyway. Marsha introduced me to Julie last week, they alternate being on-call every two days, so I was happy I got to see her today in case she delivers me.

I haven't progressed, boo. But she swept my membranes and there was blood. I had it done for sure once with Aiden, can't remember if they did it twice, and last week. There's never been blood. She said the same thing Marsha did about Baby's size, she guesses 7 1/2 pounds. She had me make an appointment for next week, but said she was certain I wouldn't be back. I'd been told that with both the other kids too, at like 38-39 weeks. So I didn't believe her!

I spotted and cramped off and on all day. I packed a bag for the kids while we'd be in the hospital.

Around 7:00 pm, I had my first contraction. The boys were watching Top Gear, their favorite show and I was about to sit on the couch. By 7:30, I'd had three really short, but really strong contractions. That's when I started timing them. Two hours later, I'd had eight of them. They varied in strength and length, by that point I didn't think anything would be happening. I went to bed around 10pm, still having them, and that's when they started getting longer and closer together. I felt scared. I didn't know what to do! I've never gone into labor like this before. At 10:30, I paged the midwife line. Marsha told me to wait until they became 5 minutes apart, but to go in if they stared getting stronger... which they did.

At 11:30, I woke Steven up and told him that tonight was the night. I was unsure of what to do with the kids, we already knew his parents would be taking them while we were in the hospital, but I didn't know when we should take them over. He thought it'd be best if we just took them right then. I was going to stay home while he took them over, but thought I'd better go just in case we needed to get to the hospital afterwards. We went home, but only for a few minutes. My contractions were starting to hurt pretty bad by then, I thought we needed go. If I hadn't progressed enough, worse thing they'd do is send us home and we'd have to go back later.

We got to Triage at 12:40.

Waiting to see if I can be admitted.


No comments:

Post a Comment