Thursday, October 31, 2013

Day 304

I love making costumes for the kids. This year I had zero motivation. I was planning to buy them costumes, til I went and looked and absolutely could NOT bring myself to spend $20 each on crappy costumes. After idea, after idea, after idea, I finally settled on Batman, Cat Woman and Robin. I did the easy thing and did half and half. Bought AJ a Batman mask, cape and shirt. Made him a belt out of yellow felt and threw on some sweats. I bought Rian a cat kit, with ears and a tail, added black leggings and a shirt and made her a mask out of black felt. Their costumes remind me of costumes from back in the day, you made them out of what was lying around the house! Asher's was all homemade, so cheap, easy and totally CUTE. I dyed a white onesie red, cut a green shirt for his cape and made his belt and "R" with felt. Ahhh I love his costume!





Today Michael and his family got here. He got orders to North Caroline when Adrian was 14 months old, they came here the August AJ turned two (Adrian was also two) and next month Adrian will be six. I've only seen him once in almost five years! My brother's getting out of the Marines and they'll only be living three hours away! So exciting. :) I also finally got to meet my niece, Gabriella. She's so smiley and happy!

Ready to go trick-or-treating
 
Aiden's first Halloween, we stayed home and passed out candy. Every Halloween since then, we've gone trick-or-treating in Steven's parents' neighborhood, then hung out with them. This was our first year doing it in our neighborhood and it was totally dead. Sad. We ended up cutting through an alley and went to a different area and there was much more going on.
 
The highlight of our day was seeing our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment