Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Day 358

Christmas Eve! As excited as I am for Christmas tomorrow, I'm also a little sad that it's here and about to be over. There is something so special and magical about this time of year, I've probably said that so many times on my blog, but it's the truth!

Every Christmas Eve I bake chocolate chip cookies for Santa. The kids usually help, but this year they were busy playing outside with Steven. (Who gets off at 1pm every year. By the way, we are loving that his new position comes with paid holidays! His regular day off this week is the day after Christmas so we have him for a whole two and a half days! :))
 
A few Christmas Eve's back, I was somewhere with the kids, so Steven grabbed Church's chicken for dinner. When he got home, he told me there was an older couple there who ate it every Christmas Eve, it was their tradition. I am allll about traditions! So we decided to make it one of ours too. I think this is our fourth year doing it.

We usually watch The Santa Clause on Christmas Eve, but we'd already watched it this year, so we chose A Christmas Story.
 
Aiden spent his day tracking Santa on the computer. He probably would've sat there all day! We had to make him get off a few times, but no matter what he was doing, he'd run back to see where he was. At one point, he was somewhere in Canada and he bolted to the front window as fast as he could to see if he could spot him because: "He's on our side now, Mommy!"

Believe.
 
We read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and as soon as I knew the kids were asleep I got busy. Steven had fallen asleep on the couch by this time. Pretty sure he does this every year. Boo. I got a little sad saying bye to Jacob, he always leaves the kids a Goodbye note. But I was very excited for morning! So excited that I knew I'd have trouble sleeping. Christmas as a parent is so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment