Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Day 359

I only slept five hours last night! Even though I was totally pooped, I was way too excited. We were both up and laying in bed, waiting for the kids to wake up. Aiden woke up right at seven and came into our room, Rian came in a few minutes later. Since it was still dark out, Steven was trying to convince them that it was still nighttime and they needed to go back to sleep! They believed him too, Aiden said, "Okay... but I don't feel tired anymore." :)

Best I could get because my flash was blinding them!
 
Before the kids started opening, Aiden said, "What's this?!" and when I looked up, he was holding a cookbook by the Pioneer Woman. She is my absolute favorite! I've tried quite a few of her recipes and they're a huge hit every single time. I was so excited! After gifts, Steven handed me an envelope with a paper from Bed, Bath and Beyond saying my new pots and pans would be in the next day. I've been wanting stainless steal, but no way was expecting them anytime in the near future. They were a huuuge surprise! My stocking was full of other kitchen gadgets: meat thermometer, new spatulas and whisks, etc. He was really sneaky about the whole thing, I was awake almost all night! The year he goes all out, I didn't get him anything. I felt so bad. :\
 
So pretty!
 

 
 We always go pretty simple for the kids. And they always get so excited about new tooth brushes, toothpaste and underwear! It's so funny. After we finished unwrapping presents, Steven made us breakfast, then we got ready to make our Christmas rounds!


My beautiful babes ready to go!
 
First stop was Grandma and Grandpa's. I made both sets of grandparents cute ornaments, with the kids' thumbprints as reindeer faces. I made one for myself too, of course! I love them. Sad I didn't get them calendars this year though.
 
One of their favorite things to snack on with Grandpa.
AJ yelled, "Pistachios!"

These spoiled little kids got their own tablets!
 
I was very skeptical about it, but they've actually come in handy around here. They're only allowed to play on them at night, if they've been good allllll day long. No second chances. If they fight or are mean to each other, they lose Nook time. (They don't get to play on them every single night either though, even if they are good.)
 
Asher napped, then we went to my parents' house. We haven't had Christmas all together in six years! Back when Adrian was just a couple of weeks old and the only grandchild. My mom has been waiting for this to happen for so long. I was so happy for her.
 
All of us!

Eek!
Baby's first Christmas

 
Merry Christmas from my (notso) little family!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment