Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Redoing Aiden's room.

I've been wanting to redo Aiden's room for a long time now. And since Steven's building him a twin bed which will require new bedding, this is the perfect time to get started. In one of the last posts in my other blog, I wrote about painting a wall in Aiden's room with chalkboard paint so on Monday, I did!



Before the first use, when it looked so pretty!


They love it!


One thing though, Rian wrote on the regular wall [painted with semi-gloss paint] and it wiped right off. I have to use a little elbow grease to wipe off the chalk board paint. So had I known, I would've just used regular semi-gloss black because its less expensive.


Next step is to repaint the top of that wall and the other three walls, ugh. I bought this frame for the living room last week:



 and it didn't "go" so I was going to return it... then lightbulb! My inspiration for Aiden's room since we already have the black wall, why not do the rest of the walls this turquoise color.

I want to put a black and white checkered border over the line the black and turquoise paint will meet.


I already have teal bins for his bookshelf on the way, they'll replace the navy blue ones. So teal walls, with pops of turquoise, orange [and maybe keeping lime green] around the room.

2 comments: