Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Note to self:

Never leave your phone unattended while Rian has ice cream again.

Monday evening we were outside and I came in for a few minutes. While I was inside, Rian touched my phone and got sticky ice cream on the screen- Steven was sitting right next to it, did he see? Of course he didn't. But its my fault, I shouldn't have left it there. I wiped it off and thought it was fine.

Nope. That night it started going crazy, sending texts before I finished them, trying to call people, going through different screens on its own. Augh! I took the battery out and left it for the night. Yesterday it was fine but the three buttons on the bottom were stuck- they worked, they were just hard to push.

Today I woke up and it won't turn on. Its sad how disconnected I feel without a phone. WAH. Basic phones these days start around $180! That is ridiculous. Maybe I'll go to Verizon when the kids leave later [I'll leave out the ice cream part] and see if they'll do anything. I doubt they will. I found the same one I have on ebay, refurbished for $65 or new for $80. Its always something. Lesson learned.

Randoms:
Rian has been talking so much lately, she repeats everything I say. I love her little voice and the way certain words sound when she says them. Like eyebrow, sounds like "eyeboo." When Steven starts to chase her, she runs away and yells, "No Daddy! No!" When I tell her its time for ni-night, she starts walking towards her room and says "Lets go Daddy!" She copies everything Aiden does, everything. At Target the other day she saw this little blonde thing, like a Polly Pocket and started saying "Pinkerbelle Momma! Pinkerbelle!" She likes Tinkerbelle. :) I was whistling the other day and she started bouncing her head around and put her teeth on her lip and started blowing like she was whistling. Its soo funny.

A little bit ago we were reading books. Aiden got an alphabet book, I would say the letter and read what was in the picture, he was repeating me. When I said "U" he said "Me?" haha! This morning while I was making breakfast, he was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, it said to count the ties and Aiden said "1, 2, 3!" and Mickey said "Three ties!" I was impressed, he usually gets the numbers all jummbled up. His little brain is going a mile a minute. The other day Steven was on facebook, looking at somebody's info. They 'liked' this show called Top Gear that Steven watches, Aiden also likes it -usually if we turn one of our shows on Aiden complains but he'll watch that one with Steven. Anyway, he saw the logo and said "Look! Top Gear" caught us both off guard. So smart and observant.

Right now I looked at my other blog to see the picture from last year's entry on this date:
Rian at her 9 month well-check, she hated it! This day was so annoying. I was only about a month into my blog and didn't write a ton when I first started... but I remember it like it was yesterday. Basically: The kids and I spent 5 hours in the car [a minivan rental because our car got hit at the beginning of the month] taking some crazy [an old friend] back home, it cost me over $40 in gas and on the way home Rian crapped everywhere because she was teething. Through her clothes, through the carseat cushion- it was a mess. It was such a horribly long day. But that night she started walking! It was so exciting but so sad for me, I wanted her "babyness" to last so long but instead, it went away so fast. Can't believe that was all a year ago. And I still want my $40 back! haha.

1 comment:

  1. oh man, I SOO remember you venting about that- vividly!! I have old phones but none through Verizon's service :( Post it on FB, I bet tons of people have some from Verizon they wouldn't mind loaning you in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete