Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Parenthood

Just finished tonight's episode of Parenthood and it inspired me to post! Its my favorite show. Ever. And I watch a LOT of tv. I'm pretty sure I get teary-eyed and emotional every single episode. I love the Braverman's. They make me want to have more kids so when I'm older, I'm surrounded by my kids and grandkids. The whole dynamic of the show is amazing. Plus the parents' house is my dream. I LOVE everything about it. And also- it makes me so happy they have a character with Aspergers. Before the kids, I was a special needs teacher's aide and in school to become a special ed teacher. I also worked through the state at a boy who has Autism's house  for five years [Seth <3]. Its my passion. I'm so looking forward to jumping right back into it all once the kids are off to school. I think its so great that a show like this is bringing awareness to such a common, yet overlooked, issue.

So for starters, one minute into the show this girl is in the background and yes, I totally took a picture:
I love this look.
I have a few scarves and I feel like they faded out for awhile and are now back in style- love it!


There was also a girl [they were having a yard sale] looking through records and she had this bracelet, not sure how to describe it but I liked it. And one of my favorite things popped into my head: TWINE!

 So I made a cute little bracelet.

I was in the middle of the show and looked over and saw this:
twine, hot glue gun, wine, chapstick, candle, fabric scissors and a picture of my little loves- all things me. :)

[I'm so over facebook. I have a feeling my blogging is about to get out of control.]

2 comments:

  1. I cry at every episode of parenthood. I love love love that show. And wasn't that girl that got the records (annie?) SO pretty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't seen it!

    & I can't do facebook lately- especially with work. I just don't know how to see entries I want to see and it annoys me to have to scroll through everything. I'm starting to check blogger first.

    I miss you & I want you to teach like me!!

    ReplyDelete