Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Memories: Aiden's first Halloween

When it gets to certain times of the year, I always think back to the previous years with my babies. I think every Mom does it. Last night I was looking at pictures of Aiden's first Halloween, he was 2 months and 10 days old. I wasn't even going to get him a costume, it was the last thing on my mind! But a few days before the 31st, I was walking to the checkout at Walmart and there were a bunch of itty bitty costumes. I loved the little tiger but the only size they had was newborn [he wore that size for like a week] I didn't care, I had to get it. He fit, barely. He'd only be in it for a few hours anyway.

Around that time was when he started to smile [even through all the screaming, we had some happy moments!] I have two videos from Halloween day of his cute little smiles. I remember being so proud to show the videos off, everybody loved them! Steven's dad got teary-eyed and my Mom wanted to email one to everybody. Aiden and I were at my parents' house so I could catch up on myspace [no internet at our house at the time] and while I was there I got a call from my old coworkers, they were having pigs in a blanket- my faaave school lunch and wanted me to go eat with them.

So we headed over, where he screamed the whole time. :\ Afterwards, my Mom wanted me to go to her work so she could show him off. Of course- he screamed. I remember it being really hot that year too and I felt bad when I put him in his costume so I turned the a/c down. We just stayed home and passed out candy- I love doing that but now its fun to take the kids trick-or-treating. Steven's mom and Haley came over for a little bit then we put him to sleep. I even remember what he wore to bed that night, a onesie with trains all over it and light blue pants.


I miss my dark hair! Last week I decided its definitely going back, its just a matter of when. Right now there's a million things I'd rather spend $100 on than my hair. I love the blonde so much though, I'll just wait til my roots look really bad. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love Love Love! I still have Aiden's picture in my hallway from his first Halloween- it's too cute to take down.

    ReplyDelete