Thursday, October 27, 2011

Static & Superheros

It was so cold in here this morning! Aiden woke up and turned the switch off for the fan that brings the outside air in, then came in our room and complained about being cold. He got under the covers and asked me to get his blanket from his room, I told him no [I didn't want to get out from the covers!] Then he asked Rian, haha lazy!

There was so much static, both the kids had helmet heads. Anytime Rian went near the furniture her hair went crazy, it was sooo funny! She always get dry, red cheeks when the weather changes. Poor baby- she looked like a mess today.

My superhero.

We didn't do a whole lot today. We went outside for a bit then straight in for baths because they were so filthy. I made dinner and they were huuuge messes again. After I got done they were still eating so I started on dishes and they started going crazy, acting all silly and rolling food on the table to each other. I started to tell them to stop when this song came on:

Perfect timing.

Its a few years old but I still can't listen to it without getting teary-eyed. Even though they shouldn't have been playing with their food, I just let them. They were laughing so hard and having so much fun together. In a few years, I'm going to look back on these times and miss them so much. I think about it all the time, I only have two more years with Aiden til he's off to school and spending more time with his teachers than with me. And before I know it, he'll be too cool for me. :(

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
so take a good look around
You may not know it now-
but you're gonna miss this

1 comment:

  1. It's funny you posted this song. I've been singing it all day thinking about how big my four week old is getting. Time is flying. :(

    ReplyDelete