Thursday, December 15, 2011

December 15

A date that's significant in both of my pregnancies... I feel like I'll always remember this day, but we'll see in 10 years.

12.15.07- it was the day I found out I was pregnant with Aiden. I've never had a "regular" cycle, so for it to be late didn't concern me. But when it was as late as it'd ever been, I decided to test. I went to Walmart and with shaky hands, peed in a coffee cup when I got home. Seeing those two pink lines was unreal, I couldn't believe it. I left the test on the bathroom counter for Steven to see when he got home from work. I was soo excited when he walked in. As I've said before, we lived in a studio at the time. You walk in the front door and the bathroom door was right there, to the right. Our bed was to the left and at the foot of the bed, was the computer, where I was sitting, anxiously waiting for him to see it. He went into the bathroom and walked out with a huge smile. It was such a scary but exciting time for us, not knowing what to expect. I'd wake up in the middle of the night and realize it wasn't a dream, it was real. I used the other two tests in the box over the course of the next few days because it was so hard for me to believe.

When you first get pregnant, you think of all the things you did before you knew that little bean was inside of you- like getting drunk at a Christmas party and jumping on a trampoline for hours haha. It was hard for me to tell my parents. I was in school and obviously they had hopes of me doing things the traditional way, but Adrian had just been born and they were on the high of being new Grandparents, so they weren't as upset with me as I thought they'd be. On Christmas Day, I was putting salt on my mashed potatoes and my dad told me to take it easy, him saying that made me feel so much relief, like he didn't hate me ha. I remember that night, everybody called us to go out to the bars, instead we drove alllll over town to find a place open to get ice cream and curled up on the couch and watched "Home Alone." We told our close friends and family and finally let the news spread after our first appointment in January. It was fun telling people.

12.15.09- Rian's due date! At my 39 week appointment, I was 3cm and told the saaaame thing they said with Aiden, "I won't be surprised if you don't make it to your next appointment." And just like the first time, I let myself get excited. Which annoyed me because I knew there was no way she'd come anytime before my EDD. So even though I wasn't surprised when my due date came and went, I did feel a little sad. On facebook, everybody guessed what day she would come. I was soo sure, 100% positive she'd come on the 19th. It was a date that stuck out in my mind from the day I found out her due date. But once again... I said bye bye to that day. My friend Erica's daughter's birthday is December 22 and that's what she guessed. I was like "No way! I don't want to be that overdue again." With Aiden, I can remember having only two contractions til I was actually being induced. But with Rian, I had them full on starting December 5th. I was excited to think my body would actually cooperate this time. HA. But sure enough, on December 22, I was off to the hospital to force my baby girl out.


[Top is Aiden, bottom is Rian. The pictures on the left are the first ones of Steven and me after the babies were born- what a difference in me! I was so exhausted after having Aiden, I was also getting sewn up in the picture- eek!]

No comments:

Post a Comment