Monday, December 19, 2011

Rian's party.

Yesterday we had Rian's little birthday get-together. I was on "GO" from the second I finished my coffee. I started having a mini-panic attack about three hours before party time, thinking I wouldn't have everything done, so I had Steven do some stuff for me [thank God for my hubs.] I finished on time, with 10 minutes to spare... which left me with a few minutes to realize what all the work was for, celebrating my baby girl. I spent those minutes holding back tears.

I made her a fabric tutu and twisted fabric flowers into a number "2" for her shirt. She looked SO dang cute. Better than any shirt I could've bought on Etsy.


The food that had me multi-taskin' like a mad woman! I wanted to make a little "Menu" board but had no time. Spinach dip in a bread bowl, caprese bites, jalepeno poppers, veggie pizzas and layer dip. Mmm we didn't have much left over but we're enjoying every bit! Yuuuummy.


If only you could see the back! It broke two hours before party time. Oh well.


I really wanted a fabric banner but then took it out of my plans because I didn't want to buy more fabric. I ended up having quite a bit left after her tutu and flowers, so I made it.  Along with a burlap birthday sign, doily pennant and her pictures paired with paper pom poms.
[Awesome tv right in the way, huh? Ew.]


Pink lemonade! [When I first thought of her party, I wanted to do a 'Pinklacious' theme so I had to throw the lemonade in there :)] I used a few things from her room for the party.


I usually always carry the cake to the kids, but I asked Steven to do it this time. I couldn't. I don't know why singing "Happy Birthday" is so emotional. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry.


:)


My little family.
I was having a horrible hair day! [My Chi broke in September and I've been using my old Remington since and that decided to break yesterday- eek!] But hair was the last thing on my mind.

She got some awesome presents and quality time with people who love her so much. So blessed. We watched movies and ate popcorn the rest of the night.

Today I woke up thinking, "Now what?" It was weird not having something to do! I liked the stress and all the crafts I got to do. Too bad Aiden's birthday's another 8 months away.

No comments:

Post a Comment