Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Busy weekend and lack of sleep.

Life feels a little back to normal today. The kids sleep schedules have been crazy since Friday.


That day Rian didn't nap at all and Aiden took a short one, my Mom and Rae came over so I could go to the movies with Jeanette. We saw New Year's Eve and have 3 more movie dates set because we saw so many good previews! We came back here and ended up having a bottle of wine each [as planned!] so when Steven got off work, he picked up  Geoff and we all hung out til pretty late.  So the kids went to bed late that night. Such a fun day/night though.


Saturday night was Steven's work Christmas party. I don't know why the last few years they've been doing it in January. I didn't go to the last two because Rian was brand new then last year I was working. I thought she would be a little grump but they were both very well behaved and neither of them fell asleep on the way home. They were awake til almost 1am. Eek!

We didn't wake up til around 10 on Sunday so I had them skip naps and the same thing happened Monday morning, again they skipped naps. So today we're finally back to normal. Except for these colds that are kicking our butts. Its going on two weeks and they're not getting any better, which is causing them to not sleep well at night. Ready for it to be over with!

And here's what I worked on last night/this morning: putting the spices into jars and made a little chalkboard menu/shopping list/whatever. Obviously I can't paint on the actual cabinet so I did it on a thick piece of cardboard. I don't like how it feels writing on chalkboard so I did it as quick as I could- ew! I wrote too big and couldn't fit all our dinner meals on it. Oh well. And I burnt the crap out of my palm with the hot glue gun- it hurts so bad, I'm surprised I didn't cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment