Thursday, January 5, 2012

Our room.

In the last few weeks I've made a few small [and very cheap] changes/additions to our room, that's made it look so much better.

New white bedding. Saved a little money by going with a cover instead of a new comforter. I'd like to add more accent pillows too, Steven gets so annoyed by my love for lots of pillows. Above the window I hung up pictures with clothes pins.

For the longest time this wall had nothing on it but our wedding picture. Slowly adding stuff. For Christmas, I made our parents wall hangings of the kids' handprints out of salt dough, I made some for us too. [You'd think that I was torturing Rian that day, she hated touching that dough!]

I did this in like two seconds this morning. The one I saw on Pinterest was actually embroidered on fabric, but I opted for a Sharpie and scrapbook paper instead. I couldn't find any paper that looked like tree bark so I got one called "Barn wall" or something. I had Steven write it so it looked like he did the carving. :) The frame was black, I was annoyed at first that the spray paint wasn't spraying right, but I like how it turned out.


Wine bottle bracelet holder. I giggled to myself thinking about how many wine bottles there are around my house used as decor. Wine-o! I can't wait to get the pegboard up for my necklaces and earrings.

And much more to come! There's still a whole wall with absolutely nothing on it.

2 comments:

  1. I love every room in our house, except the loft upstairs becuase it's always a mess, and our bedroom! Our bedroom is sooo boring with old furniture!

    I want a bed like yours, and new bedding, and I have 2 walls with nothing on them! Maybe I'll work on our bedroom too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the new bedding!!! i wish we could have white bedding, but with a black dog that would be a horrible idea.

    i like how everything is turning out in your house!! come do mine? thanks. ;)

    ReplyDelete