Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Kitchen/Pinterst... of course!

I wrote a post last week about the kitchen but unpublished it a few minutes later. It used to be my least favorite room in the house [because I painted it yellow and there was nothing much in here] but its looking more and more different every day. It excites me! I want to love every part of the place I live. Thanks to Pinterest, the ideas just keep flowing in!


Last night I started converting stuff to jars. Omg. I love it! Not only does it look awesome, they also take up way less space than ugly boxes and bags. I want to do all the spices next, I just need to find smaller jars... Steven's going to love that one! :)

I fell in love with the idea of hanging copper pots and pans but they're soo hard to find. Our regulars used to hang over the island when we first moved in but one of them kept falling so I took them down. Last week I rehung them with different hooks and decided to go for copper molds since they're so much easier to find.

I got two molds last week and on Monday found a picture on Pinterest that sent me out for more [I found 3.] The bunt pan's a bit off, I hung them all on nails that were already there. [Also in the background, something I really liked thanks to Pinterest, round wood cutting boards with handles.] It probably looks a little silly in here with some cabinet doors off and some on, I'd like them all off but I don't know if that'll happen.

I put place settings on the table just for kicks. My mother-in-law gave me these pretty wooden placemats for Christmas, love them! Steven's supposed to be finding a new home for that tv- if not, off to Goodwill it goes. My heart's set on having a wooden picnic table- bench on one side, chairs on the other, but for now I like this look.


Here are the shelves we hung last week.

I'm loving the way everything's turning out. There's still a million things I'd like to do, like hang the pretty chandelier I found... that probably won't happen til we own our own house [whenever that is.] Oh well, at least its not an area I despise anymore. :)

Some other things that Pinterest got me obsessed with and I did:
-all white bedding for our room
-curtains over the washer and dryer to hide the clutter of junk.

5 comments:

  1. It looks aaaaamazing! You did such a wonderful job!!! I love it!

    What size is your bed? Geoff's parent have a huge bed with only white bedding and I became obsessed with it when we bought our house (it looked like a giant marshmallow or cloud!!). Our room used to be black and white but we've changed it since then; I think we still have a couple of comforters- I'd have to look to make sure, but let me know your bed size to see if I can pass them down to you guys! <3

    Great job (as ALWAYS)! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't done! lol, it cut me off! Anyway, idk if the correct term "is pass it down;" is that just for clothes for a younger kiddo? No se, but you know what I mean! :]

    Anyway, I TOTALLY get what you mean about wanting to be in love with every room or more rooms! Right now my favorite places are my closet and half of my room, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a queen, I don't think we'd have any room around here to hide an extra comforter- we're running out of storage space! But thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen (err..dining room?) is the same green color as mine! We painted ours yellow too once and I immediately changed it! YUCK! Now my laundry room is yellow..it fits perfect for that room.

    I like how everything is turning out!! You're giving me inspiration to change mine up a bit! Maybe i'll do it this weekend since jeremy's out of town. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :)

    Our "dining room" is in our kitchen... and so is the computer! Our house is itty bitty, comfy cozy. :) I've been having so much fun. Get to it girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete