Thursday, February 16, 2012

Grandma Sue


My Aunt wrote this on facebook today:

Today would have been my mom's 77th birthday. She was a very sweet, generous and loving mom, and, especially, a grandma. She loved her grandchildren very, very much. My mom was crafty and made beautiful decorations and thoughtful gifts. She had the most beautiful yard, with lush green grass and an explosion of colorful flowers. My mom was the best cook. Everything always tasted so good. I'm told that I look a lot like my mom, except that she was a tiny 5'1". She died of cancer at 60, on the first day of summer. There was a nest of ground doves in one of her planters that spring. The day she died, the doves, babies included all flew away. I miss her. I hope she is in heaven waiting to be reunited with those who love her. Happy Birthday, Mom!

Grandma Sue was like a grandma straight out of the movies, she was amazing. Both of my Grandmas were, I had the best ones in the world. She had the cutest little house and we always had so much fun there, especially in the backyard. We would walk to the used bookstore all the time and she'd buy us hotdogs at the AmPm. Around Christmas she'd always save her presents for me because she knew how much I loved wrapping them. She made the yummiest fried chicken, tacos and bean dip. She always took us to Hunter's Steakhouse and I got ribs. She lived about 4 hours away but we always wrote letters back and forth, I still have them. I always thought she was so pretty, she was just the best.

Ugh. :( Both of my grandma's died soo long ago and it still hurts as if it were yesterday. She died 5 days before my 11th birthday, I remember that day with so much detail. It made me so emtional when I read Aunt Susie's status, I had to cry it out in the shower [why's that such an awesome crying spot?] and tears have been off and on all day.

It makes me so sad that my sister never got to have a "grandma experience." Grandma R died before she was born and Grandma Sue before she was 1. This is why I could never ever move [and sometimes I want to so badly.] I never want to seperate my kids from their grandparents. They are soo lucky to live so close to them, both sets.

I don't have any pictures of her on the computer so I took one from my Great Aunt's page...

Happy Birthday, Grandma Sue.<3
I miss you everyday.
Love you.

2 comments: