Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy 4 years to us!

2.22.12.<3

Steven brought me breakfast and a green tea frappucino and I got him a forty haha. Such simple gift givers we are. Its the little things!


I combined two of his favorite things for dinner: pizza and chicken alfredo. He looooves homemade alfredo sauce, he always says he could eat it like its soup. I added fresh baby spinach and tomotoes, this was yummy! The kids gobbled it right up- they're such awesome eaters lately, always trying new stuff. [I had no idea the clock on the coffee maker was wrong til I took this]


I love that all the gardening stuff is back out in the stores because I finally have my spray painted gold gnomes! I've seen bigger ones at a few stores [which is what I wanted] but they were $40! These little guys were about $3.50 each. So cute. :) We started watering the grass today too. Can't wait til its super green again, but at the same time it'll suck because it'll be way too hot to enjoy it. I think I'll head back to Lowe's again and buy more flowers since I have two empty pots still.

Things I'd like to get for the backyard:
- a bird bath
- little bird houses with seed [I looked at some seed today but I was confused at what kind to get, I'm lame!]
- looots more flowers and bushes
- stepping stones [especially some with the kids' footprints]
- a patio set
- another humming bird feeder
- new cushions for our lounge chairs
- make a bench out of Aiden's crib... and I'm sure I'll come up with a lot more later!

We used to have a big tree back there but had to chop it down because of termites, I soo badly wanted the kids to have a tire swing. We have a baby tree back there now but they'll be way too old by the time that's big enough... and hopefully we'll have our own house by then.

3 comments:

  1. Love you both so much! Happy anniversary- I think I have told you 4 times already!

    I want some flowers too! I've never had any. I need a new patio set. And I want a hummingbird feeder, and some outdoor climbing toys for the boys. I have never really thought about my backyard before I read this post but now I want stuff, haha!

    You saying the tree got chopped down still makes me sad =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that tree had so much character. Remember when we went to look at it and Buffy ate our Pizza Rolls?! :) Flowers are so cheap! And once you get a hummingbird feeder, you can make your own syrup. The kids get so excited everytime one comes up, they're so cute and friendly. Get stuff for your backyard!

      Delete