Friday, February 3, 2012

Kids. DIY shorts.

Last February I made the kids Valentine's day themed food everyday til the 14th. I figured since I've been lagging on fun foods for them, I better do something so they had heart-shaped pb&j's for lunch yesterday. [Cookie cutters are so fun! I want a huge collection.] Aiden's become obsessed with "jelly peanut buttuh sanwich." He asks for them almost every day. It makes me happy, I ate them all the time when I was pregnant with him. In fact, it was the last thing I ate before I had him. We survived 37 long hours with nothing but a pb&j in my belly to nourish us.

He was picking up his books last week, he was holding about 5 of them and said "Ugh Mommy its too heavy! There's too many, its going to take weeks and weeks and weeks to clean!" haha.

Rian's as obsessed as ever with Tinkerbell and Pinkalicious. She pulls her dirty Tink shirts and socks out of the hamper and tries to wear them everyday- geez! Tinkerbell was always my favorite, I like that she likes her too without any influence from me. She hasn't been napping at all lately. She's always been iffy, so unlike Aiden, he's always been such a great napper. The last two weeks she's taken 4, maybe 5 naps. Yesterday she was such a grump! Around 7:30 she climbed up on my lap and passed out. Today, no nap again. I love naptime. :(

She comes into our room every morning around 4-5ish and makes about four trips back to her room to bring in all her crap: Pinkalicious, Tinkerbell, two blankets, a penguin and a book. And she doesn't just set it on the bed, she stands there and waits til I take it from her. And she has to have everything arranged around her in a certain way when she finally gets in bed with me. Silly. The other day she was in there with me while I was making the bed, I was on Steven's side and she said "That's Daddy's side." She pointed to my side and said, "That's my side." haha oookay! Guess its her's and Daddy's bed. We sing "You are my Sunshine" to her every night before bed, last week she started singing it with us. Ahhh so cute! Its hard to sing without laughing. Gives me teary eyes. <3

Yesterday I pinned these super cute lace shorts on Pinterest and my sister asked if we could do them together. I went to Goodwill this morning and got a curtain for 99 cents and we did them today. Top mine, bottom Rae's.

So easy and sooo cute!

I don't know how its February already. Aiden's going to be 3 1/2 this month- wow!

2 comments:

  1. I remember everything too beCause I knew pbj was the last thing you ate before you had Aiden :)

    I can't believe Rian wakes up so early AND doesn't nap! Geez. She needs to sleep so you can rest!

    Your babies are so sweet <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. She goes back to sleep when she gets in bed with me. :) But still, she needs to nap!

    ReplyDelete