Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day.

Steven and I aren't Valentine's Day people, we both think its lame. Birthdays/anniversaries- those I love to celebrate, because they're personal... they actually have meaning. But to each his own, right? I love making it fun for the kids though, a bunch of hearts everywhere!

This weekend Steven planned a movie date for us, that's the kind of thing I like- randomly bringing me a muffin, waking up to flowers just because, renting a movie for me and letting me escape to watch it alone, little random surprise dates, etc.- not him giving me a gift on an overly-commercialized 'holiday.' Anyway, on Sunday we saw 'The Vow' -ahhh. I'm such a sucker for girly movies! Just because I don't like Valentine's Day, doesn't mean I don't have a soft side. :) Actually, I'm a super mushy crybaby.

We got the kids a little sumthin' sumthin'.

They each got a book and a 50 cent microphone. I saved their stocking stuffers from their grandparents on Christmas to use later on- they both got something from that, a little Tink doll for Ri and Cars for Aiden.

And of course I had to make fun food!

Breakfast: heart french toast, heart bacon and strawberries. [The bacon hearts looked so much prettier when they were raw!]
Lunch: overcooked heart hotdogs, so they didn't stick together. Strawberries and grapes. Strawberry applesauce and strawberry yogurt. [I forgot to add heart sprinkles to the yogurt before the picture]
Dinner: heart pizza! potato salad and broccoli.

They loved it!

A week into potty training and Rian's doing so awesome! Sunday was her first totally accident-free day and since then, she hasn't had any. She tells me when she has to pee, instead of me making her go and she pees as soon as she sits down. Now for the hard part- getting her to poop on the toilet! Ugh. She's also still wearing a diaper at night, we're getting there- that's all that matters! I'm so proud of her. :)

My little loves.

1 comment:

  1. I want to see "The Vow!" It looks so good! We'll have to wait til it comes out on DVD. I miss going to the movies, maybe when Jake is a little bigger.

    Rian is getting so so big and her hair is so long. I miss her & Aiden!

    I want to hang out at your house on a holiday for all the fun food!

    Yay for Rian peeing on the potty!!

    ReplyDelete