Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 2

Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.

1. Well clearly, as is any parents'- my greatest fear is Aiden or Rian getting hurt, sick, lost... or worse. We've experience a missing kid for all of twenty minutes and it was the scariest thing I've ever been through- I can't imagine what those parents feel when they go days and months and years without seeing their child. In the same boat, something happening to Steven. We are complete- the four of us. If something happened to any one of them, I don't know how I'd ever survive. I can't even bare the thought. We want another baby but we don't want to push our luck [as silly as that sounds, its true.] We have two healthy kids, what if there are complications next time? Another life means another little person to worry about. Too many what ifs. These are a bunch of fears all wrapped into one.

2. Driving. I'm scared everytime I'm behind the wheel and even when Steven is! I really, really, really don't like when I have to drive somebody other than Steven or the kids- I get so nervous! I'd prefer to be tranquilized everytime I'm in a car, seriously. I trust nobody when it comes to driving, especially now that I have kids- I'm on edge. I've been in 4 accidents in my life- two of which I'm pretty blessed to have survived. When we go out of town I never, ever drive. I'm anxious enough driving around this little city.

3. Disasters. When I was a kid I had a huuuuge prayer list that included earthquakes, tornados, thunderstorms, fires...etc., even somebody kidnapping me or breaking in. Its safe to say, I've always been a pretty paranoid, scardy-cat type of person! I pray for our safety daily, over and over again, this world's a scary place.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't get my license until way late because I was scared of driving, too. <3

    ReplyDelete